Inversion therapy involves being upside down or at an inverted angle with the intention of therapeutic benefits. The process of doing so is called inverting. Inversion therapy is commonly used to treat back pain.
The benefits of inversion tables, however, are not limited to back pain relief. In addition to improvements in circulation and lymph flow, speeding recovery time, strengthening your core muscles and improving flexibility, inversion therapy has been suggested to have multiple benefits in the brain including improving blood flow and balance and decreasing the signs and symptoms of depression.
All physical and emotional states depend on a well functioning and rejuvenated brain. The blood flow to our brain brings oxygen, nutrients, hormones, antibodies and as it leaves removes toxins and waste products of cell metabolism.
Sufficient blood flow to our brain is essential for:
- Good memory
- Clarity of thought
- Freedom from headaches
- Overcoming psychosomatic illnesses
- Getting free from negative emotions
- Greater concentration
- Hormonal Balance
- A relaxed nervous system
- A stronger immune system
- More energy and vitality
Most people do not have enough clean oxygenated blood flowing into their brains because:
- They have low blood pressure
- They have tense - contracted arteries
- Their arteries are clogged with waste products
- They do not breathe deeply and completely enough
- They are standing or sitting many hours and blood flow down into the legs (also creating problems such as varicose veins)
- They hunch over and do not sit or stand straight so that the blood can flow freely
The inversion table is an excellent way to replenish the brain with blood, oxygen and nutrients while also cleaning up the veins of the legs. It is an invaluable tool for renewing our body, energy and mind.
You can find really cheap inversion tables (as low as 100 EUR) on site like eBay.
Persons with high blood pressure of detached retina or other serious eye problems should consult their doctor before performing it.